"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Friday, October 12, 2012

The Beehive Book Update #22: The School Bookfair Edition

It's always a pleasure to create a vlog while have a super-bad hair day, lol! 
Here's a quick run on a few updates and of course, our book haul for the last week :) 


I will also be participating in Tynga's Stacking the Shelves this week :) 

What I received for review...
The Threshold Series #1: The Blue Door by Christa Kinde (YA)
- The Caden Chronicles #1: Dead Man's Hand by Eddie Jones (YA)
- Transcend Time Saga #2: Timeless by Michelle Madow (YA) from the author, Michelle Madow

Won...
- Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin (YA)

Purchased from Scholastic Bookfair... 
- Juniper Berry by M.P. Kozlowsky (MG)
- The Girl Who Invented Romance by Caroline B. Cooney (YA)
- Shark Wars #1: Shark Wars by E.J. Altbacker (MG)
- Origami Yoda #1: The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger (MG)
- Club Penguin Shadow Guy and Gamma Gal: Heroes Unite Graphic Novel by Arie Kaplan (MG)
- Club Penguin Waddle Lot of Laughs Joke Book by Rebecca McCarthy (MG)
- Avengers: Assemble! by Tomas Palacios (Children)
- Hotwheels: Thrill Ride by Ace Landers (Children)
- Trucks by Christopher Hernandez (Children)

Thank you to/Mentions...
- Zonderkidz
- Giselle of Xpresso Reads and the author, Mike Mullin

My current giveaways...
- Win an ARC of Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (YA), ends 10/24th
- Win a copy of Mira's Diary: Lost in Paris by Marissa Moss (MG) from Sourcebooks, ends 10/30th

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave your links too, so I can visit you back :)

Happy reading!!!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of a lot of these but they sound good. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your MG books you've picked up. They're all pretty good. My son's a huge fan of the Origami star wars series. I hope you enjoy your goodies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice MG haul this week. I hope your kids enjoy them all. Also be sure to check out my blog as I'm doing a special giveaway.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab haul!
    Juniper Berry is one of my favorite MG reads!

    Here's what's in my Goodie Basket this week

    Happy Reading,
    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week. I really enjoyed Ashfall so I need to get around to reading Ashen Winter. Happy reading!

    Here’s my Stacking The Shelves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams