"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #85: The BEA 2014 Edition


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine. 


This is were we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night and, quite possibly, to make our shelves look all pretty too :)


What I'm waiting on... 

Warning: LOTS of exclamation points ahead... you've been warned!!!


Books that I wish I could *grabby hands* at BEA this week!!! 

- TALON by Julie Kagawa (YA)
DRAGONS!!! And... DRAGONS!!!

- SINNER (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #4) 
by Maggie Stiefvater (YA) 
BOOK FOUR!!! with COLE!!!
... and maybe Sam will make a cameo of some sort! Puh-leeeease!!!

- THE JEWEL by Amy Ewing (YA) 
A retelling of the Handmaid's Tale? A surrogate slave? The synopsis is so interesting...

- TRIAL BY FIRE 
by Josephine Angelini (YA) 
Witches!!! Magic!!! Parallel universes!!! and a "smokin' hot love story!!!"
*faints*

- LANDLINE by Rainbow Rowell (A) 
A TIME TRAVEL-ing telephone??? Yes, please!!!

- THE IRON TRIALS (The Magisterium #1) 
by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black (MG) 
MAGIC school!!! (Is it a HP retelling???) Sounds epic!!!

- FAMOUS IN LOVE by Rebecca Serle (YA) 
I love contemporary! I adore her writing! And the cover is awesome!

- MADE FOR YOU 
by Melissa Marr (YA) 
Is that a BEE on the bookcover?!?!?! and, it's her first contemporary!!!... 
"A twisted southern gothic tale of obsession, romance and murder!" YES to all!!!

- BLACK ICE by Becca Fitzpatrick (YA) 
First of all, I've been dying for this author to publish something new! And here it is, with BLIZZARDS, attacking bears and lots of mystery!


SO... what are you waiting for?!?!?!

6 comments:

  1. The cover for The Jewel reminds me of The Selection. But the fact that you compared it to the Handmaid's Tale does make it sound interesting to me! I have yet to read a Margaret Atwood book, but I'm planning to do so soon. Landline is also on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I pretty much want all of these, haha. Mainly Talon, Trial by Fire and The Jewel though. Who'd we have to kill? ;)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooooww! I wish I could go to BEA! All those free books. Haha

    Here's my WoW

    <a href="http://hiveretcafe.blogspot.ca</a> - Ri @ Hiveretcafe </a>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, these all look so good! I wish I could go to BEA! Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! there are some very pretty covers there! I think 6 out of 9 are on my own 'gimme now' list, excellent choices!

    88dreamers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, yes to all of the above. Especially Sinner. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams