"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, October 4, 2014

THE READING QUEUE: September Wrap-Up and October TBR 2014


The Reading Queue is a monthly meme hosted by 
This is where we can all share what our reading plans for the month, 
and give a quick lineup and/or recap of the books we read last month... 


September was an extremely busy month for my family and I, but somehow I still managed to forgo sleep and read a ton of amazing books! 

Sorry, no vlogs this month... I tried to edit my wrap-up vlog from 45 minutes down to 19 minutes, but it was still too long to upload to YouTube :(  No time to redo or do my TBR. I promise to be more organized next time!


WHAT I READ IN SEPTEMBER: (Click on links to read my reviews!)
If You Were a Dog by Jamie A. Swenson (C) - Too cute!!! 
- Bake Sale by Sara Varon (MG) - Adorable graphic novel! Review to be posted soon!
Made For You by Melissa Marr (YA) - Amazing read! Disturbing protagonist!
- Dark Days by Kate Ormand (YA) - Fascinating storyline!
- The Vault Of Dreamers by Caragh M. O'Brien (YA) - 85% meh! 15% holy crap!
Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer (YA) - Beautifully written!
As Long As You Love Me (2B #2) by Ann Aguirre (NA) - My new favorite NA couple!
The 100 by Kass Morgan (YA) - Brilliant concept!
Day 21: The Hundred #2 by Kass Morgan (YA) - Continue on the brilliance!
- A Bear Called Paddington Bear by Michael Bond (C/MG) - Sweet nostalgia! 
- Sailor Moon, Pretty Guardian #1 by Naoko Takeuchi (YA) - Fun read!
Divinity by Michelle L. Johnson (YA) - Interesting concept and characters!
- This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki (YA) - Exquisite illustrated storytelling!
- Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin (MG) - Stole my heart!!! Best read of 2014!!!
- The Megasaurus by Thomas and Peter Weck (C) - Fun retelling-ish of the Three Little Pigs!


WHAT I'VE ALREADY READ IN OCTOBER:
- Ten Rules of Being a Superhero by Deb Pilutti (C)
- Whatever Life Throws Your Way by Julie Cross (YA)
- Not in the Script by Amy Finnegan (YA)

WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING:
The Iron Trial (The Magisterium #1) by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare (MG)
Surprisingly, I am struggling to concentrate while reading this book. I can't help but nitpick it and compare it to Harry Potter... there are so many similarities, it's hard for me not too. 

- Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix (YA)
I just didn't have the time to finish this one last month. It is really good so far! And it is a perfect book to pick back up closer to Halloween!

- Nightmares! by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller (MG)
SO good so far! Creepy!

- They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire (YA)
Started this one today!

THE REST OF MY HOPEFUL OCTOBER TBR:
- Diamonds in the Rough (#2) by Michelle Madow (YA)
- The Hockey Saint (Forever Friends #2) by Howard Shapiro (YA)
- Little Dead Riding Hood by Amie and Bethanie Borst (MG)
- Frankenstein's Fright Before Christmas by Ludworst Bemonster (C)
- Embers (The Wings of War #1) by Karen Ann Hopkins (YA)
- Rooms by Lauren Oliver (A)
- Tomboy by Liz Prince (YA)
- Daisy to the Rescue by Jeff Campbell (E)
And maybe these two too...
- Stray by Elissa Sussman (YA) 
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (YA)



What have you been reading??? 
Any recommendations???
What are you reading next???
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Heck. I love the tag lines you put after your reviews!!! My favorite is “85% meh 15% holy crap!” Little Dead Riding Hood by Amie and Bethanie Borst sounds fun :) I liked the world in Snow Like Ashes. Have fun reading this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams