"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #136: A WHOLE NEW WORLD (Twisted Tales #1) by Liz Braswell (YA)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This is where we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released!!!
The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night!!!
And, quite possibly, to make our shelves look pretty too :) 



What I'm currently waiting for... 


Twisted Tales #1
by Liz Braswell
Expected release date: September 1st, 2015
Published by Disney Press
Genre: Young Adult Fairytale Retelling
Format: Hardcover, eBook


SUMMARY

Welcome to a new YA series that reimagines classic Disney stories in surprising new ways!
Each book asks the question: What if one key moment from a familiar Disney film was changed???

This dark and daring version of ALADDIN twists the original story with the question: 
What if Jafar was the first one to summon the Genie?

When Jafar steals the Genie's lamp, he uses his first two wishes to become sultan and the most powerful sorcerer in the world. Agrabah lives in fear, waiting for his third and final wish. To stop the power-mad ruler, Aladdin and the deposed Princess Jasmine must unite the people of Agrabah in rebellion. But soon their fight for freedom threatens to tear the kingdom apart in a costly civil war.

What happens next?
A Street Rat becomes a leader.
A princess becomes a revolutionary.
And readers will never look at the story of ALADDIN in the same way again.



Why I'm waiting for A WHOLE NEW WORLD...

FIRST of all!... a whole new Disney series from Disney reinventing classic Disney movies/stories?!
Yes, please!!!

Second of all!... this is a dream come true for me!!!
I have always imagined all of the 'what ifs' since I was a kid!!! And someone is finally giving me the twists that I've always longed for!

Lastly!... isn't that a gorgeous cover!!!

P.S... I am wondering if there will be multiple authors for this series...??? 
That would be an added bonus, am I right?!



SO, what are you waiting for this week???

6 comments:

  1. Oh I absolutely adore fairy tale retelling so I can't wait for this one!
    padding-top: 3px;
    padding-bottom: 3px;
    font-size: medium;

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I love Aladdin! I have a digital copy of this. Can't wait to jump in! Great choice! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it got a new cover! Nice!
    Very close to the covers for the Jackaby series by William Ritter. I'm excited for this release too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this sounds so good and it's literally the first time I've heard of this book! I love creative spins on classic fairy tales and that cover is stunning! Great pick this week :) My WoW:

    Crystal @ Books Unbound

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any Aladdin stories, so this one could be interesting. I hope you like it!

    Check out my WoW - http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-song-of-david-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I've not heard of this one but it sounds really wonderful. I love Aladdin!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams