"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday #149: REPLICA by Lauren Oliver (YA)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This is where we get to 'spotlight' the books that we are anxiously waiting to be released!!! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night!!!



It has been TOO long since I have done a W.o.W. post! And I am SOOO excited to get back into posting and blogging regularly again!!!
Can't wait to catch up and see what you all have added to your wishlists :) 



by Lauren Oliver
Expected release date: October 4th, 2016
Published by HarperCollins
Genre: Young Adult 
Format: Hardcover, eBook, Audiobook 


SUMMARY

Gemma has been in and out of hospitals since she was born. 'A sickly child', her lonely life to date has revolved around her home, school and one best friend, Alice. But when she discovers her father's connection to the top secret Haven research facility, currently hitting the headlines and under siege by religious fanatics, Gemma decides to leave the sanctuary she's always known to find the institute and determine what is going on there and why her father's name seems inextricably linked to it. 

Amidst the frenzy outside the institute's walls, Lyra - or number 24 as she is known as at Haven - and a fellow experimental subject known only as 72, manage to escape. Encountering a world they never knew existed outside the walls of their secluded upbringing, they meet Gemma and, as they try to understand Haven's purpose together, they uncover some earth-shattering secrets that will change the lives of both girls forever. 


Why am I SOOO looking forward to reading REPLICA???... 

First, if you haven't seen, I am a HUGE Lauren Oliver fan! And I have the "Lauren Oliver" bookshelf to back me up on that, lol! 


Next... have you seen the format of this book?!?!?
It's two books in one! On one side, you get to read Gemma's side of the story. And on the other side, you read Lyra's side of the story. Oliver has also said that you can read both their stories at the same time!!! Just by flipping over back and forth with each chapter!!! How amazing is that??? 



And lastly, just because!!! 
OMG, I seriously cannot wait to read this one!!!


P.S. If anyone has a REPLICA ARC that they would like to trade, even if it's in the near future, I'd be happy to try to work something out with you! I would truly love to have a copy to add to my 'Lauren Oliver Collection' *hee hee*


SO, what are you waiting for???

5 comments:

  1. Oooh yes yes yes. This one looks fantastic! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Delirium series and Before I Fall, but Panic and Vanishing Girls not so much. So I'm a little nervous about this one. I think I'll wait for some reviews before I decide to read it or not. It's definitely on my radar though. Hope you enjoy it!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I was lucky enough to receive a copy at BEA this year and hope to get to it in early fall so I can post my review shortly before the release date. I hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2016/07/waiting-on-wednesday-dare-you-by.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the concept behind Replica. Great pick!

    Happy reading!

    My WoW

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Replica either! I love Lauren Oliver's writing style.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams